Happy Baby Secrets Educator, Lorie Cox RN received initial certification in 2012 to train parents in infant massage through Infant Massage USA but she also has obtain more intensive and specialized training in 2017, through
The Liddle Kidz Foundation.
The Parent-Child Massage classes are taught by Lorie at The East Texas Center for Pediatric Touch Education. pediatrictouch.com
Until then you may visit the Liddlekidz.com website liddlekidz.com
Below are links to the Infant Massage USA site where you can also learn more about the benefits of massage.
Before attending any parent-Child Massage Series it is highly recommended that you attend the Free Information Meeting - many dates and times are available for this. (see calendar) If not, plan to spend at least 20 minutes registering in person to be given some important information. Here is a list of topics covered in the Free Informational Meeting
* This class is usually held at our Longview
location. See calendar for dates.
* This is a 3 week series (once a week for 3
weeks - (attending the free info meeting is
recommended prior to deciding to take this
* Private home sessions available (in 3 to 4
sessions based on your time preference)
* Local providers and organizations may
host group sessions. (See contracts
available with reduced pricing for agencies)
* These group class sizes are small (1 - 5 babies
at a time)
* For babies 6 weeks old - 12 months old. Classes
also available for older children. (See website to
determine the right class for you and your child)
* For all caregivers of baby, including mom,
dad & grandparents.
* Massage Oil provided
* Bring a blanket for baby to lie on
* You massage baby while instructor
demonstrates on a doll
* You may request a morning, afternoon or
early evening private home sessions
* Each Group Session is 1 hour (Length of time
may vary for private sessions)
- You may receive a discount for hosting an
Infant Massage series in your home (for up to
4 of your friends). Ask for more info.
NOTE: It is ideal to choose a time when your baby is in the "quiet alert" state. This means she is awake, alert & not crying or fussy. You should take a time out from massage if your baby has fever, is hungry, needs a diaper change or is sleeping/or nap time. Before attending a class ~ Always ask your healthcare provider if there is any reason why you should not massage your baby.